Leader of a Cycling Community


My role as a cyclist has bloomed over the last 8 years I have lived here in Chico and cycling here is booming! After a very successful 5 years racing for the Chico State Cycling Team, getting to know most of the riders in the area, and with growing support from many local fans, I started the Team Chico Cycling club as a way to link some of the top riders and "keep it in Chico." It is because of the team that I have been able to focus more on riding and pick and choose the races I want to do and give alot back to the community scene. Our team hosts several "Cutty Training Series" events each year which showcases our Adventure style rides.
My wife and I have run a Mountain Bike Camp for kids for 5 summers now and have seen hundreds of kids come through and get a taste of the life on the trail! I am sure that among them lies more that a few future trail junkies!!
With such a vibrant scene and all the contacts I have made through cycling my career as a Massage Therapist is taking off quite nicely! Hard to beat sharing tales of ripping singletrack action as I dig an elbow into that IT band!!
I do believe my future lies in Chico as I continue as a cyclist, teacher, coach, team manager, CMT and more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment