
Now, I know a lot of times "pros" get left out of opportunities like this because there is the perception that "they get paid to ride their bikes, get all the free bikes they want and get massages every day (my wife does do pretty good on that one)" but that is certainly not the case. Maintaining a working, competitive bike, getting to the races and finding enough food to eat are some of the challenges most found by a pro MTB racer so all the help that people give along the way is really felt.
Yet being a Pro does mean that I like to ride my bike. A lot. Fast. Everywhere. It means 15 years of hard riding. It means hundreds of friends from around the world. It means thousands and thousands of miles of trails ridden. It has taken me to beautiful places around the world and makes me want to go back for more. It also makes my everyday rides seem pretty big. It might scare a few people off but mostly lures people into going out with me. It means I can ride to the top of that mountain AND ride back down and love every second of it. It is the rider who I am and hope to always be. Bottom line here is that I can (and already do) go BIG on that Stumpjumper.
No comments:
Post a Comment